It’s important, its the one skill that you need. Cooking, and it’s remarkably easy to learn as well. Whether you are in the kitchen or out the back on the BBQ. Here’s a great simple recipe for BBQ Salmon with Cucumber & Spiced yoghurt.
BBQ Salmon with Cucumber & Spiced yoghurt
Prep – 10 mins plus 30 mins draining
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers
- Sea salt
- ¾ cup natural yoghurt
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp each ground coriander and cumin
- 2 tbs coriander, chopped
- 1 tbs mint, chopped
- 4 portions Atlantic salmon, bones removed
- Mint leaves and potato chips to serve.
- Cut cucumbers in half lengthways, scoop out seeds. Sprinkle with salt and place in a colander over a bowl. Set aside for 30 minutes to drain. Rinse lightly and pat dry with a paper towel. Slice and place ina
- Meanwhile, combine yoghurt and 1 tablespoon of the oil, garlic, coriander, cumin and mint. Season to taste.
- Preheat BBQ grill on high. Brush salmon fillets with remaining oil on both sides. Reduce BBQ heat to medium and cook salmon fillets for 3-4 minutes each side until golden and just cooked. Top with cucumber, spiced yoghurt and mint leaves. Serve with potato chips.