There is nothing better than cooking up the ultimate winter dish, this amazing Chicken and Chorizo Hotpot is a great dish to impress, with scents of paprika and garlic, wafting from the pot send your taste buds straight to Spain.
Chicken and Chorizo Hotpot Recipe
This dish goes down well with a lovely glass of white wine.
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Chorizo sausage thinly sliced
- 750 g chicken thigh fillets, excess fat trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces.
- 1 brown onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) water
- 1 (about 50g) bought roasted red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 60g (1/3 cup) green olives
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Toasted Crusty bread, to serve Mixed salad leaves to serve.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chorizo and cook, turning occasionally, for 2 minutes or until crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan. Add half the chicken and cook for 2 minutes or until browned. Transfer to the plate. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook stirring, for 3 minutes or until soft.
- Add the garlic and paprika and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Then add the Chorizo, chicken, tomato, water, capsicum and olives. Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low, simmer covered 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Stir in half the parsley. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Divide among serving plates and sprinkle with the remaining parsley. Serve with bread with and mixed salad leaves.
Per serve – 42g protein, 18g fat (5.5g saturated fat), 9.5g carb, 3 g dietary fibre, 1600kJ (300 Cals).