If you’re serious about wanting to impress a date, the best thing you can do is cook her a meal. Just picture it, mood lighting, smooth jazz playing, a nice bottle of wine, and all you can cook is a tin of tuna.
We want to share the ten cooking tips for men that will turn you into a kitchen expert.
Cooking tips for men that will impress
Also apart from impressing they will save you time when you cook:
The kitchen tools you need
- A stainless steel knife is your workhorse for 90 per cent of your chopping chores, but a blunt blade will really slow you down. Use sharpening steel to keep it sharp so you can slice and dice with speedy precision. Also, invest in a good pair of kitchen scissors to snip fresh chilli and herbs directly into the pan.
- Eliminate the mess by spreading a couple of sheets of newspaper onto your kitchen table or bench. Peel all your vegetables into the paper, then wrap up the debris and slam-dunk into the bin.
- Use a bigger mixing bowl then you think you need to that you can combine ingredients quickly without them overflowing. Haven’t been to many Tupperware parties lately?
Easy food prep tips
- When frying onions, hold back on the salt until they’re nicely browned. If you add the salt too soon it will slow down the caramelisation process.
- Want to make mash in a flash? Peeling and cutting one or two large spuds is quicker than preparing four or five smaller ones – The same logic applies for other veggies, too. For a smoother peel, trim potatoes at both ends and then go from the middle to each end, working around.
- Make light work of peeling garlic by putting the flat slide of a large knife over a clove and squashing down on it with the heel of your hand. When the garlic clove cracks, you’ll be able to whip off the skin with ease
Cooking tips that work
- Make sure your meat cooks quickly and evenly by bringing it to room temperature before it gets near the stove. Leaving it on a plate on the counter for 10 minutes will do the trick.
- Need to peel tomatoes for salsa or sauce? Rub them all over with the back of a knife and the skin should side of easily. Alternatively drop them in a pot of boiling water for 15 seconds, drain and then slip off the skins under cold running water.
- If you need to separate an egg in a hurry, grab hold of a small funnel and stick it in a container. The runny egg white slips straight through, while the more solid yolk will stay sitting up top.
- Cooking seafood or garlic can leave you with a lingering stick in the kitchen. Neutralize the odour before your guest arrives by heating four cups of water in a saucepan. Drop-in two or three cinnamon sticks and the smell will vanish before your very nostrils.
They are simple cooking tips for men that are easy to learn and will help you in the kitchen. Let’s face facts as men we need every cooking tip we can get.