Recipes like Farfalle and mozzarella Salad with Toasted Pine nuts and Cherry Tomatoes sound fancy but are really easy to make. Takes a total of 11 minutes.
Farfalle and mozzarella Salad with Toasted Pine nuts and Cherry Tomatoes
Serves – 4-6 people
Prep – 20-25 minutes
Cooks – 11 minutes
- 300 g Barilla Farfalle
- 220 g Bocconcini
- 250g Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 small head of radicchio
- 1 can (330g) corn kernels drained
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 2 sprigs fresh basil
- 1 jar Barilla pesto Rosso
- ¼ cup sherry vinegar
- Freshly ground pepper
1.Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook Barilla Farfalle until al dente. Drain the pasta, drizzle with a little olive oil and leave to cool slightly.
2. Prepare the sauce by combining the Barilla Pesto Rosso with sherry vinegar and pepper. Stir through pasta ensuring it is all evenly coated.
3. Drain the bocconcini and cut into bite-sized pieces. Cur cherry tomatoes in half. Wash radicchio and cut into thin strips. Thinly slice the spring onions.
4. Mix the corn, radicchio and spring onions with the pasta and place in a large servicing bowl.
5. Add the bocconcini, cherry tomatoes and pine nuts to the pasta salad. Garnish with basil leaves
You can easily replace the pine nuts with walnuts or cashews in this recipe.