There is one skill that every man should have, and that is cooking. It’s important to be able to feed yourself, friends, and love ones. Trust us, when we say, you will impress your partner if you can cook a decent nice meal, share a bottle of nice wine, and a decent dessert. Here is an amazing recipe for a fudgy chocolate cake recipe.
Fudgy Chocolate cake
There is no better dessert than a decadent chocolate layer cake covered with rich chocolate icing, an all-time favourite that’s moist to the very last crumb.
Prep Time – 35 mins, Cook time – 20-25 mins, Serves – 8
- 190g/6 oz white chocolate for garnish
- 250g / 8oz unsalted butter
- 1 cup plus 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 1/1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 large eggs
- 250 ml /8fl oz cream
- 315g/101/2 oz plain chocolate
- Finely grate the white chocolate using a vegetable peeler. Chill until needed. Preheat oven to 180oc/350f
- Grease the base of two 20cm/8in round cake pans lined with baking paper. Combine butter, sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt and eggs in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer set on medium, beat until smooth. Continue beating until an increase in volume, about 2 minutes longer. Divide batter between pans.
- Bake cakes until a toothpick inserted in centres come out clean, 20-25 minutes. Leave cakes in pans to cool for 1 minute then turn onto a wire rack. Peel of lining paper, let cool.
- Meanwhile, heat cream just to the boil, break the chocolate into pieces, add to cream and stir until melted. Let cool; chill for 30 minutes, then whisk until thickened to a spreadable consistency.
- Use a third of chocolate icing to sandwich cakes spread the remainder over the whole cake. Sprinkle reserved grated white chocolate over.
Great tips that will make it better
For a super-light cake, be sure to beat cake mixture thoroughly to introduce plenty of air into it. Encouraging the cake to rise. remember who doesn’t love cake and ice-cream? serve this rich cake with your favourite ice-cream flavour.